Why should I use Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories appear in a bar at the top of your feed and all Instagram accounts will be able to share stories, from your best friends to your favorite popular accounts. When there’s something new to see, their profile photo will have a colorful ring around it. (buffer.com)
Anything you post on Stories doesn’t appear in your regular feed – they are displayed in a bar at the top of your feed. Scroll through different accounts you follow and check out what they’ve been up to over the last 24 hours!
These could be in the form of a series of photos or videos. Then everything that you put together for your Story would become a slideshow on Instagram.
According to TechCrunch, video watch-time on Instagram is up 80 percent year-over-year, and the number of videos shared is up 4x. (blog.planoly.com)
Posting lots of content is all well and good but you don’t want to annoy your audience by posting too much. Instagram Stories is great because it lets you post as many videos and photos to your story as you want – without affecting your main news feed. (socialmediatoday.com)
Instagram Stories stats
500 million users now use Instagram Stories every day as per the information from 99firms.com . This is over 300% growth rate in under three years.
1 in 4 Millennials and Gen Z-ers look for Stories of the products and services they want to buy.
Why should my business use Instagram Stories?
This feature is becoming more and more popular and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Encourage people to get in touch by adding your email, location, and phone number.
Stories have a natural progression – a beginning, middle, and end. This logical series of events is satisfying for the viewer because it makes sense to them.
Highlight your product and grow brand awareness: Use this opportunity to show off what your company and product can do for them. (louisem.com)
Do Announcements that keep your followers guessing through every step of your Story represents one of the most creative ways to use the format.
Best 7 Instagram Stats for your Business (updated)
- Immersing your audience Join more than 50% of business accounts that created stories in the last month.
- 75% of Instagram users take action, such as visiting a website or making a purchase, after looking at Instagram ads.
- About 62% of those people say they’ve become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in their Stories.
- While Instagram has a neutral gender-bias format, 68% of Instagram users are female while 32% are male.
- SEO Strategies are more focused on Instagram as a pillar to get more leads and redirect traffic
- More than 50% of business accounts that created stories in the last month immerse more audience.
- Links have been shown to get up to 25% follow-through to your site or landing page.
What else can Instagram Stories do?
Post your story to your profile: Your Instagram Story by default won’t appear on your profile grid or in the feed, but you can choose to feature a particular part of your story by posting it on your profile.
Add effects: Like Snapchat, you can add doodles, text, stickers, live face filters, and geo-stickers to your story. (pocket-lint.com)
Add music: The most recent update to Instagram is the ability to add songs directly to your Stories. Facebook has signed deals with all the major record labels to secure various songs, with more being added each day.
In March 2021, Instagram launched a new feature in which four people can go live at once. (en.wikipedia.org)